You just unpacked your new bong and you're ready to take your first hit. One of the first questions you might have is, "How much water should I put in my bong?"
Having the right level of water in your bong makes a huge difference in your smoking experience. It allows you to enjoy cool and filtered smoke by pulling the smoke through the water.
- When there's too much water, your lungs have to work a lot harder to pull the smoke through the water. Also, you might get bong water in your mouth . . . yuck!
- Not enough water means you aren't taking advantage of the bong's filtration and cooling system- resulting in a harsh hit . . . not great for the vibes.
Q: So what IS the right amount of bong water to use?
A: There should be enough water in the bong for the downstem to be completely submerged in water (about half an inch under). Bongs with a bigger base will require more water. Personal preference plays a factor in how much water is best for you & your specific bong.
Which leads us to our second question . . .
Q: How do I figure out the optimal water level for my bong?
A: We recommend you follow these steps:
1) Fill your bong with the previously suggested bong amount (half an inch below the downstem).
2) Take a hit.
3) If the hit feels too much or too harsh, add a little bit more water to increase filtration. If you are experiencing difficulty pulling and inhaling the hit, then you might have too much water.
4) Continue adding/pouring out water levels till you get the perfectly smooth and effective hit.
If you are using a new bong, it might take you a few sessions to fully determine your optimal amount of water level.
Have the munchies for more info? Check out our Higher Education Blog.
Interested in upgrading your session with a new bong? Shop our epic BONG assortment- made for play & display.